Camel silk face mask by Judith Scott Upcycling
A camel silk face mask… something for Hump Day!
Acknowledge the Hump Day journey with this quirky camel silk face mask, handcrafted to reimagine a discarded silk tie…
Because (apart from the camel’s hump)
* the camel symbolizes journey, and a journey deserves recognition!
* this mask upcycles natural fibres and that is kind to our planet
* natural fibres are kind to the skin
This silk face mask is intricately styled for comfort and protection:
It is fun and eco friendly, and gives a new spin to a distinctive silk tie
It is easy to wear (as masks go) –
- The fit is adjustable – with the 4 soft cotton ties that are handcrafted from upcycled T shirts. Tie the mask behind the ears or at the back of the head. Each tie is 40 cm long, so it is easy to accommodate ponytails, thick hair, or a broader head. (And you can trim the ties to a length to suit you)
- The fit is secure – the mask stays in place thanks to the 2 front shaped panels, elasticised top binding which fixes the mask across the bridge of the nose, side panels that secure the sides.
- The fit is roomy – because of the side pleats, and extra length on the front seam. Fixes muffled speech!
- ‘Maskne’ meets its match – thanks to the inner layer of upcycled fine cotton shirting which is kind to the skin, and the roomy fit which helps the skin breathe.
It has been handcrafted following recommended guidelines for fabric masks –
- 3 layers of fabric – upcycled silk ties (outer), polyester interfacing (middle), upcycled fine cotton shirting (inner)
- Washable and reuseable
Note: this is a non-medical mask, for the time of Covid 19, and for bushfire season.
Out of stockJudith Scott Upcycling (Fitzroy)
L (gents/bigger), M (ladies)