Chic silk button scarf by Judith Scott Upcycling
This chic silk button scarf brilliantly reimagines upcycled silk ties.
Chic silk –
silk is soft and gorgeous and luxurious to wear – chic!
silk has excellent thermal properties
mustards, stone, greys, tan and winter red found in upcycled silk ties that bring out the very best in each other
Chic sustainability –
- handcrafted from 5 upcycled silk ties
- silk ties are made from the best quality silk, why waste it?
- #saynoto landfill
Chic practicalities –
- Easy to style – just wrap around the back of your neck and close with one or two of the hidden studs at the front. All that can be seen are the upcycled silk covered buttons! You can button up snug, or loose, however you feel!
- A silk button scarf does not slip off.
- Wear this one brown to the top or stone to the top; fully extended or folded down in a colour; such versatility!
- Dimensions – length 77 cm, width 33 cm on the front overlap tapering to 32 cm on the front underside
In stockCuber: Judith Scott Upcycling (Fitzroy)
Judith Scott is a textile artist who crafts quirky one-off functional accessories using upcycled natural fibres.
Judith leveraged her love of sewing that she discovered as a teenager with the energy gained in retirement to develop her fabric upcycling business. She loves to give fresh purpose to discarded garments.
Judith creates silk infinity scarves that are soft and gorgeous, practical and easy to style, from men’s ties. Her inspiration comes from the colours and patterns in these beautiful silks. No two scarves are ever the same.
Judith’s other creations include headbands, scrunchies, bandannas, skirts, glasses cases, and bucket hats. All these treasures feature upcycled silk, designed for comfort, with a dash of whimsy.
Check out Judith’s Instagram to see her process