Elegant silvery green silk scarf by Judith Scott Upcycling
Elegant in silvery green, and patterned in spring green and blues, this one of a kind upcycled silk infinity scarf brings sustainability to a summer wardrobe.
The silk –
- is elegant
- 2 ties complement each other in graphics and colour
- silk is soft and gorgeous and luxurious
- as silk is the strongest natural fibre, it is ideal in an infinity scarf
- silk has excellent thermal properties – great for our changeable summer weather
The sustainability –
- handcrafted from upcycled silk ties
- silk ties are made from the best quality silk, why waste it?
- #saynoto landfill
The practicalities –
- Easy to style – just loop it over your head twice (it measures approx 140cm in length)
- A silk infinity scarf does not slip off
- Great with most any colour in your wardrobe!
In stockCuber: Judith Scott Upcycling (Fitzroy)
Judith Scott is a textile artist who crafts quirky one-off functional accessories using upcycled natural fibres.
Judith leveraged her love of sewing that she discovered as a teenager with the energy gained in retirement to develop her fabric upcycling business. She loves to give fresh purpose to discarded garments.
Judith creates silk infinity scarves that are soft and gorgeous, practical and easy to style, from men’s ties. Her inspiration comes from the colours and patterns in these beautiful silks. No two scarves are ever the same.
Judith’s other creations include headbands, scrunchies, bandannas, skirts, glasses cases, and earbud cases. Her current focus is her range of bucket hats featuring upcycled silk, designed for comfort, with a dash of whimsy.
Check out Judith’s Instagram to see her process