Green silk and grey superfine wool scarf by Judith Scott Upcycling
This green and deep grey silk and finely striped superfine wool is a stylish accessory in any winter wardrobe
This green silk piece will stun everyone because it is –
- Green silk from upcycled ties features stripes, tiles and circles, and pairs imaginatively with finely striped deep grey superfine wool suiting
- Silk and superfine Australian wool are soft and gorgeous and luxurious
- a perfect colour for the Australian winter
- handcrafted from 3 upcycled silk ties and a wool jacket
- silk ties are made from the best quality silk, the jacket was made from superfine Australian wool – why waste these natural fibres?
- #saynoto landfill
- the thermal qualities of silk and wool are perfect for our Melbourne winter
- Easy to style – just loop it over your head twice (it measures approx 140cm in length)
- An infinity scarf does not slip off in a wild wintery wind!
Out of stockJudith Scott Upcycling (Fitzroy)
Judith Scott is a textile artist who crafts quirky one-off functional accessories using upcycled natural fibres.
Judith leveraged her love of sewing that she discovered as a teenager with the energy gained in retirement to develop her fabric upcycling business. She loves to give fresh purpose to discarded garments.
Judith creates silk infinity scarves that are soft and gorgeous, practical and easy to style, from men’s ties. Her inspiration comes from the colours and patterns in these beautiful silks. No two scarves are ever the same.
Judith’s other creations include headbands, scrunchies, bandannas, skirts, glasses cases, and bucket hats. All these treasures feature upcycled silk, designed for comfort, with a dash of whimsy.
Check out Judith’s Instagram to see her process