Irresistible red silk face mask by Judith Scott Upcycling
Not just a red silk face mask but a quirky mask for a star!
This mask reimagines a discarded red silk tie and cotton shirting because…
* natural fibres are kind to the face and
* reimagining upcycled natural fibres is kind to our planet.
Your star can wear a red silk face mask that is intricately styled for comfort and protection:
It is easy to wear (as masks go) –
- The cut is roomy – thanks to the side pleats and extra length on the front seam. BTW this roomy fit cuts the muffle on speech!
- The fit is adjustable – thanks to the 4 soft cotton ties (handcrafted from upcycled T shirts) that can tie around the ears or at the back of the head. Each tie is 40 cm long, so there is plenty of length to accommodate ponytails, thick hair, or a broader head. Of course you can trim the ties to a length to suit you!
- The fit is secure – 2 front curved panels help keep the face mask in place; elasticised top binding fixes the mask across the bridge of the nose; side panels secure the sides, and this mask sits firmly under the chin. This face mask stays in place on the face!
- ‘Maskne’ matters – the inner layer of upcycled fine cotton shirting is gentle on the skin, and the roomy fit helps the skin breathe.
It is fun and eco friendly – it gives fresh purpose to the soft and wonderful silk found in a discarded novelty tie
It has been handcrafted following recommended guidelines for fabric masks –
- 3 layers of fabric – upcycled silk ties (outer), polyester interfacing (middle), upcycled fine cotton shirting (inner)
- Washable and reuseable
Note: this is a non-medical mask, useful in the time of Covid 19 and when bushfire season returns.
Out of stockJudith Scott Upcycling (Fitzroy)
L (gents/bigger), M (ladies)