Moody blues silk button scarf by Judith Scott Upcycling
Elegant in moody blues, and textured as only silk can be, this one of a kind upcycled silk button scarf brings sustainability to any wardrobe.
The silk –
- upcycled ties in moody blues that complement each other in graphics and colour
- silk is soft and gorgeous and luxurious to wear
- silk has excellent thermal properties
The sustainability –
- handcrafted from 5 upcycled silk ties
- silk ties are made from the best quality silk, why waste it?
- #saynoto landfill
The practicalities –
- Easy to style – just wrap around the back of your neck and close with one or two of the buttons at the front. You can button up snug, or loose, however you feel!
- A silk button scarf does not slip off.
- Moody blues are a very versatile colour!
- Dimensions – length 70 cm, width 33 cm on the front overlap tapering to 21cm at the back of the neck and to 26cm on the front underside
Out of stockJudith Scott Upcycling (Fitzroy)
Judith Scott is a textile artist who crafts quirky one-off functional accessories using upcycled natural fibres.
Judith leveraged her love of sewing that she discovered as a teenager with the energy gained in retirement to develop her fabric upcycling business. She loves to give fresh purpose to discarded garments.
Judith creates silk infinity scarves that are soft and gorgeous, practical and easy to style, from men’s ties. Her inspiration comes from the colours and patterns in these beautiful silks. No two scarves are ever the same.
Judith’s other creations include headbands, scrunchies, bandannas, skirts, glasses cases, and earbud cases. Her current focus is her range of scarves and bucket hats featuring upcycled silk, designed for comfort, with a dash of whimsy.
Check out Judith’s Instagram to see her process