Stunning silver silk scarf by Judith Scott Upcycling
This stunning silver silk infinity scarf is a go to for any wardrobe –
The silk –
- is upcycled from 3 ties
- silk is soft and gorgeous and luxurious
- is ideal in an infinity scarf because silk is the strongest natural fibre
The sustainability –
- handcrafted from upcycled silk ties
- silk ties are made from the best quality silk, why waste it?
- #saynoto landfill
The colour –
- silver ties in distinctive and completmentary patterns
- there are endless surprises as you style this one
The practicalities –
- Easy to style – just loop it over your head once or twice
- The whole loop measures approx 135 cm in length, and tapers in width from approx 19 cm to 11 cm
- A silk infinity scarf does not slip off!
In stockCuber: Judith Scott Upcycling (Fitzroy)
Judith Scott is a textile artist who crafts quirky one-off functional accessories using upcycled natural fibres.
Judith leveraged her love of sewing that she discovered as a teenager with the energy gained in retirement to develop her fabric upcycling business. She loves to give fresh purpose to discarded garments.
Judith creates silk infinity scarves that are soft and gorgeous, practical and easy to style, from men’s ties. Her inspiration comes from the colours and patterns in these beautiful silks. No two scarves are every the same.
Judith’s other creations include headbands, scrunchies, bandannas, glasses cases, and earbud cases. Her current focus is her range of silk face masks, designed for comfort, with a dash of whimsy, for our time.
Check out Judith’s Instagram to see her process