Tan, orange, purple silk and wool scarf by Judith Scott Upcycling
Tan, orange, purple silk ties and wool suiting are reimagined in this infinity scarf handcrafted for a Melbourne winter eco-friendly wardrobe!
The silk and wool –
- silk is adds elegance to any outfit
- these tans, oranges, and purples bring out the best in each other and by this woollen suiting
- silk is soft and gorgeous and luxurious
- as silk is the strongest natural fibre, it is ideal in an infinity scarf
- the thermal qualities of silk and wool are perfect for our Melbourne winters
The sustainability –
- handcrafted from upcycled silk ties and a men’s woollen jacket
- silk ties are made from the best quality silk, the jacket was made from superfine Australian wool – why waste these natural fibres?
- #saynoto landfill
The practicalities –
- Easy to style – just loop it over your head twice (it measures approx 140cm in length)
- An infinity scarf does not slip off in a wild wintery wind!
Out of stockJudith Scott Upcycling (Fitzroy)
Judith Scott is a textile artist who crafts quirky one-off functional accessories using upcycled natural fibres.
Judith leveraged her love of sewing that she discovered as a teenager with the energy gained in retirement to develop her fabric upcycling business. She loves to give fresh purpose to discarded garments.
Judith creates silk infinity scarves that are soft and gorgeous, practical and easy to style, from men’s ties. Her inspiration comes from the colours and patterns in these beautiful silks. No two scarves are ever the same.
Judith’s other creations include headbands, scrunchies, bandannas, skirts, glasses cases, and bucket hats. All these treasures feature upcycled silk, designed for comfort, with a dash of whimsy.
Check out Judith’s Instagram to see her process