Tango pink silk scarf by Judith Scott Upcycling
Simply elegant silk infinity scarf in tango pink, this understated yet dramatically patterned upcycled silk infinity scarf is designed for the eco-friendly wardrobe.
The silk –
- tango pink silk makes this a simply elegant accessory for many outfits
- 3 very different ties complement each other in graphics and colour
- silk is soft and gorgeous and luxurious
- as silk is the strongest natural fibre, it is ideal in an infinity scarf
- silk has excellent thermal properties – great for our changeable Melbourne weather
The sustainability –
- handcrafted from upcycled silk ties
- silk ties are made from the best quality silk, why waste it?
- #saynoto landfill
The practicalities –
- Easy to style – just loop it over your head twice (it measures approx 140cm in length)
- A silk infinity scarf does not slip off
In stockCuber: Judith Scott Upcycling (Fitzroy)
Judith Scott is a textile artist who crafts quirky one-off functional accessories using upcycled natural fibres.
Judith leveraged her love of sewing that she discovered as a teenager with the energy gained in retirement to develop her fabric upcycling business. She loves to give fresh purpose to discarded garments.
Judith creates silk infinity scarves that are soft and gorgeous, practical and easy to style, from men’s ties. Her inspiration comes from the colours and patterns in these beautiful silks. No two scarves are ever the same.
Judith’s other creations include headbands, scrunchies, bandannas, skirts, glasses cases, and bucket hats. All these treasures feature upcycled silk, designed for comfort, with a dash of whimsy.
Check out Judith’s Instagram to see her process