Classic Unisex Upcycled Silk Infinity Scarf – Silver Checked by Judith Scott Upcycling
This stylish unisex upcycled silk infinity scarf has a classic silver, black and white checked pattern which is sure to complement almost any outfit.
The sustainability –
- handcrafted from 5 upcycled silk ties
- silk ties are made from the best quality silk, why waste it?
- #saynoto landfill
The colours –
- pale silvers
- 5 conservative grey and silver ties went into this scarf, and look what happened!
- dress this unisex scarf up or dress it down!
The silk –
- silk is soft and gorgeous and luxurious
- as silk is the strongest natural fibre, it is ideal in an infinity scarf
- silk has excellent thermal properties – great for autumn, winter, and spring
The practicalities –
- Easy to style – just loop it over your head once or twice
- Length – the whole loop measures approx 195 cm in length
- Width – the scarf tapers in width from approx 18 cm to 11 cm
- A silk infinity scarf does not slip off
Out of stockJudith Scott Upcycling (Fitzroy)
Judith Scott is a textile artist who crafts quirky one-off functional accessories using upcycled natural fibres.
Judith leveraged her love of sewing that she discovered as a teenager with the energy gained in retirement to develop her fabric upcycling business. She loves to give fresh purpose to discarded garments.
Judith creates silk infinity scarves that are soft and gorgeous, practical and easy to style, from men’s ties. Her inspiration comes from the colours and patterns in these beautiful silks. No two scarves are every the same.
Judith’s other creations include headbands, scrunchies, bandannas, glasses cases, and earbud cases. Her current focus is her range of silk face masks, designed for comfort, with a dash of whimsy, for our time.
Check out Judith’s Instagram to see her process