Unique Upcycled Silk Wrap Skirt by Judith Scott Upcycling
This one of a kind upcycled silk wrap skirt is eco friendly and will have you tossing away your lockdown leggings! Make it yours, and love the drape of the soft silk of 24 upcycled ties while you enjoy the compliments.
Wear this one of a kind piece anywhere, any season – it’s silk, it’s a wrap skirt. Dress it up, dress it down, this can be your most loved piece for a long time to come.
- sustainable – upcycled from reclaimed silk ties which have been carefully chosen for their quality and complementary design, then unpicked, handwashed, and stitched together to create this graceful A line skirt
- silk – a seasonless fabric, warm on cool days, cool on warm.
- drapes beautifully – ties are cut on the bias grain, and the hem of this flowing skirt measures 3.8m. That’s a lot of silk to twirl!
- flattering – the ties are pieced to give long vertical lines which flatter the waist line. The black silk waist band is reinforced with linen upcycled from the tie inserts, and gently elasticised at the back.
- Shades of teal, aqua, blue, maroon, red, lilac, purple, and more – this seasonless piece is so easy to coordinate with your favourite colours
- designed for (Australian) sizes 10 -14. Maxi length on petite folk, mid calf – below knee on taller peeps.
- loved clothes last, so this one is made with French seams as protection against future fraying.
- care for it by hanging in your wardrobe (not your floordrobe!!), let it air from time to time, and occasionally handwash, line dry and lightly press.
Love the colours and try this gorgeous ecofriendly silk skirt for fit at @incube8r Fitzroy!
In stockCuber: Judith Scott Upcycling (Fitzroy)
Judith Scott is a textile artist who crafts quirky one-off functional accessories using upcycled natural fibres.
Judith leveraged her love of sewing that she discovered as a teenager with the energy gained in retirement to develop her fabric upcycling business. She loves to give fresh purpose to discarded garments.
Judith creates silk infinity scarves that are soft and gorgeous, practical and easy to style, from men’s ties. Her inspiration comes from the colours and patterns in these beautiful silks. No two scarves are every the same.
Judith’s other creations include headbands, scrunchies, bandannas, glasses cases, and earbud cases. Her current focus is her range of silk face masks, designed for comfort, with a dash of whimsy, for our time.
Check out Judith’s Instagram to see her process