I created this elegant necklace using a double sided 1960s fob seal in the Victorian Revival style. On one side of the seal there is a roman head and on the other some hieroglyphics. I’ve suspended a single earring which I believe to be a Garnet underneath the seal and completed the design with vintage French Rope chain and hand wired garnet glass beads from the Czech Republic.
I would wear it with jeans and a crisp white shirt or perhaps a little black dress… but I’m sure you can see it worn a different way!
This necklace is:
- ethically and sustainably made
- one of a kind
- made with repurposed jewellery and vintage components sourced from old warehouse stock
- designed to be worn reversibly, depending on which side of the seal you wish to display
- 50 cm along the neck edge (refer to my necklace guide for more information)
- Finished with a gold plated hook and 5 cm extender chain
Sustainably made in my Melbourne workshop with vintage and repurposed materials that show some signs of age through minor wear and a deeper patina. I think that is what gives them so much charm.